“Going Paperless” is the ethos of digitising anything that is unnecessarily applied to paper, such as invoices, documents, letters and cheques. We made our training packs available online, via our website, for delegates to download following a training session. We hoped this initiative would save on waste, and promote environmental care – and it has.
According to PaperlessLogo.com, pretty much any business can go paperless. If any THREE of the following criteria apply in your workplace, then it should be noted that you are actively contributing toward a paperless environment. You have the right to call yourself a ‘Paperless Business’ and use The Paperless Logo.
- Formal communications are conducted via email/phone instead of posted letter.
- Invoices are sent via email or made available online without being printed.
- Payments are made online and not by cheque unless required.
- You do not use a fax machine.
- Filing is done on hard drives, servers or online and you do not use filing cabinets.